Are some strata committees taking advantage of the Covid-19 crisis to push through extreme measures while half their residents are still struggling to get their Zoom or Skype working ?
One Flatchatter says his committee proposed a $300,000 upgrade of the block’s windows for approval at his block’s recent e-AGM. Then they got another quote for $100k less.
But then that was knocked over in the meeting and owners are looking at special levies of about $10,000 per apartment.
Are they just getting the job done decause it’s long overdue? Or is there something more sinister afoot? That’s HERE.
Also in the Forum:
- Cheap timber flooring is one thing but what if the noise upstairs is coming via cheap carpet? That’s HERE.
- Why do I need a by-law to change my windows? That’s HERE.
- Is it important that your strata manager is a member of the SCA? That’s HERE.
- The by-laws banning pets have been reinstated – not all Flatchatters agree on whether that’s a good thing. That’s HERE.
- There are even more suggestions on the best questions to ask a potential new strata manager. That’s HERE.
- A reader responds to our story about over-aggressive lawyers. Settle back – it’s a long and disturbing read. That’s HERE.
By the time you read this, there will be more questions and answers – and a few updates – on the Flat Chat Forum. Why not register, log in and have your say – the only problem is, it’s a little addictive.