With the new strata laws just over the horizon, a number of strata professionals and community groups are organizing information events.
The next Uber off the rank is an Owners Corporation Network seminar which will cover, among the 90 changes to strata law that come into effect on November 30, such topics as:
- new approvals processes for renovation works
- increased involvement of tenants in the building
- new rules for strata management agreements
- restrictions on the use of proxies
- new disclosure requirements for commissions and conflicts
- a regime for the collective sale or renewal of a building
… and, it says here, much more.
The evening will be presented by strata specialist lawyer, Amanda Farmer host of the Your Strata Property podcast, who presented a condensed version of this seminar to OCN members in August.
It will comprise a 60-minute presentation, with a refreshment break, followed by 45-minute Q&A. Light refreshments will be served before and during the break.
Don’t delay if you want to be there. Strata residents are understandably anxious about the new laws and recent experience has taught us that these events fill up very, very quickly.