Renovations are still all the rage despite the pandemic, and they are likely to increase once the Covid-19 lockdown shackles are off.
As well as being obsessively popular subjects for TV programs they are also one of the areas where even the best intentioned and most by-law-abiding strata citizens can find themselves in strife.
That’s why the Owners Corporation Network (OCN) is running an online webinar for anyone planning or even just considering a renovation, as well as those who may be faced with issuing approvals … or not!
The webinar, on Wednesday September 29, from 1pm to 2pm, will address the many and varied potential points of conflict.
- What is common property and how much can you change it (if at all)?
- When do you need by-laws and what should they contain?
- Can the owners corp really restrict your hours of work and demand a bond against possible damage?
- Can a blanket one-size-fits-all by-law be created or do you need to draw up a new one for every renovation?
- When can an owners corporation delegate approvals to the strata committee?
- How would that be done?
This on-line event will help answer these questions and more.
You’ll hear from owners about their experiences, get insights from a legal expert and learn about OCN’s pro forma renovation by-law.
This OCN webinar is free of charge thanks in part to support from City of Sydney.
However post-event recording and documentation will only be made available to OCN members.
You can join OCN from just $66 incl GST for individual membership – details here.
Otherwise you can register for the event HERE.
If you liked this post or found it helpful, please share it with interested friends using the social media buttons below. If you wish to respond, you can add a comment at the foot of the story or, preferably, on the Flat Chat Forum, provided you are registered and have logged in.