- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 months, 1 week ago by .
I am looking for advice on the body corporate paying for the damages ($7500) that resulted from water ingress in February 2020.
I am in Brisbane and understand this is covered by laws – in the legislation of Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 (Sections 152 and S281) and subsequent case law. In my case it is the responsibility of the body corporate due to failed external wall membrane.
- The costs for the damage are – $7500
- Remove and cleanup and mould treatment $1500
- Replace carpet with tiles $2500
- Replace furniture $2000
- Lost rent and tenant motel accommodation $1500
They are ducking and diving about only paying what their insurer is perpared to cover ($500). Do you have any advice other than going to a lawyer for assistance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.