- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by .
I am looking for some advice and guidance regarding false fire alarms.
I live in a block of six (NSW) where the alarm has been set off a number of times by tradesmen and also residence’s excessive smoke from cooking. One particular apartment has caused a number of call outs mainly from building works but also cooking, while others haven’t caused any at all.
At $1,600 a call out this is quite a stress on our Strata Account and the owners who haven’t caused any are becoming a bit disgruntled. We had previously been advised by our Strata Company that the Lot Owner was responsible for the fee but they are now saying it has to be stipulated in a By-Law.
- Does anyone have any experience of making the tradesman responsible pay for it?
- Do most strata buildings with back-to-base alarm systems have by-laws for this?
- This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.