Flat Chat Forum Dirty Linen Current Page

  • Creator
  • #10435

    Hi, a blocked external drain has backed up and flooded our bathroom with waste water causing damage to our carpet in the hallway and bedrooms. Just wondering if the strata is liable for an issue like this or we have to claim on our home contents insurance?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #24854

    Assuming your Plan’s in NSW and no contributory negligence on the part of the Owners Corporation, then it’s responsible for rectifying the sewerage blockage downstream of your unit’s overflow gully together with any damage that’s consequently caused to other areas whilst it’s doing that (including to your unit), so save any ex-gratia payment that the O/C may make to you, you’re responsible for rectifying the damage to your unit via your contents insurance or otherwise.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Flat Chat Forum Dirty Linen Current Page