- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 days, 20 hours ago by .
My son had a dangerous emergency Tuesday night due to his fuse box smoking and shorting out. It is located in the kitchen of this unit. As well as being unsafe it was completely untenable for him to have this continue as he and his wife have a 3 month old and are up several times during the night feeding.
After lighting some candles and digging out the camping headlamps there was a burn mark that made it clear this was unsafe and needed immediate fixing. Power was also out to most of the outlets in the apartment and some lights. He had a licenced electrician who lives in his building do the repairs.
The electrician was able to start work first thing Wednesday morning. As well as doing an outstanding job, the speed of service was crucial to ensuring his and his neighbour’s safety as well as making sure the baby was fed and warm.
He understood this cost would be met by strata rather than individual owners. The strata manager doesn’t seem to agee. Who is right here?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.