Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • #47658

    Hi again.


    Quick update: after having received our notice tribunal notice, our PM contacted us. He says our LL is not permitting or causing the noise, so there’s no breach of agreement. That’s he’s exhausted all possible ways to solve this issue with no luck.

    This feels sooo annoying since there’s no clear indication that the LL as a member of the OC has the obligation to enforce the by-laws, it kind of overlap…



    Well he would say that, wouldn’t he?

    The simple fact is that the landlord has a duty of care that they haven’t even attempted to address.

    If it were me, I would tell the rental agent that if I wasn’t released from the lease I would seek temination of the lease, reduced rent from the time I first complained and all costs associated with raising the issue.

    But you may wish to tread more softly.  Get legal advice.


Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.