Flat Chat Forum Buying and Selling Current Page

  • Creator
  • #7323

    We have a TT townhouse and are interested to know what happens if we are able to find someone who wants to EXCHANGE a property with us – either a direct swap or with an added cash component by one party.

    How do we register change of ownership – in the normal way?

    For stamp duty purposes for the swap: can we just declare our properties to be worth any amount we wish: eg – if it was $450K on the market but didn't sell, can we declare it a notional, say, $200K, to minimise stamp duty- because we cannot establish a current value – or is this somehow regulated?

    If it's not a direct swap and there's a cash component, presumably that would be added to the notional value of the property concerned, and stamp duty on the composite sum payble?

    Appreciate any advice on this unsual situation.

  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Flat Chat Forum Buying and Selling Current Page